- A new intern, Sean O’Brien, from Binghamton University’s Political Science program joined us as Alexis’ part time assistant.
- Wings Project Kick-off meeting with 15 people in attendance. Have a new project co-chairs, Carol and Betty. Yeay!
- Rainmaker meeting with 20 people in attendance.
- Continued our work with our Opioid Use Cohort Management project with Lourdes Hospital and other area partners to improve health care for those who suffer from opioid use disorder.
- Alexis was a guest speaker at Andrew Pragacz’s class “Ending Mass Incarceration” at Binghamton University. Alexis spoke about Truth Pharm, what we do and how the criminal justice system adds to the harms to people who use drugs. About 30 students in attendance.
- Alexis provided education on the Science of Addiction to kick off our series of education for the nurse managers from Lourdes Primary Care practices. Seven people were in attendance and the training was well received.
- Received HUGE news (announcement later).
- Celena McDonnell authored and submitted an op-ed in response to Fred Akshar’s petition to prevent NY state prisoner’s from receiving a raise.
- Rainmakers Corky Clark and Irene Aylward were interviewed by Channel 34 news and the story aired about our trip to NYC and the action at the Guggenheim and the Met.
- Alexis had an op-ed published in OurFuture.org
- Alexis provided education on the overdose epidemic, science of opioid use disorder and an overdose prevention training to students in a nursing class with SUNY Morrisville. Rainmaker Celena Bloomingdale attended and assisted. 18 people attended, 16 Narcan kits were distributed.
- Sent email to Broome County debunking myths and stigma at recent panel discussion hosted in Deposit, NY.
- Alexis and Shelley Canini provided our overdose prevention for high risk locations at Dunkin Donuts in Bainbridge, NY. Nine attendees, 8 personal Narcan kits provided and 1 facility kit.